- Distraction was not invented by social media, but by a mind trying to pray
- The day you really can concentrate on morning prayer is also the day the fascinating colourful birds frolic outside the window
- The invisible cafe worker collects amazingly loud crockery the instant you pray with your friend
- Eyes closed for prayer causes amnesia for names, starting with people in the same room
- The quietest person when sharing prayer points has the loudest tummy rumbles in prayer time
- The moment for prayer is also the moment for long-lost friends to call or to send a text message – and the phone volume setting is 100%
- Our most accurate and complete shopping lists are assembled during prayer
- While finding the perfect Bible verse to pray for a friend, the copyright notice becomes strangely compelling reading
- We know exactly how many times he said “yeah, Lord”, but have no memory of what he asked God
- Everyone else sounds so heartfelt, and they never stumble in their words
So, says Jesus, stick at prayer!
And he told them a parable to the effect that they ought always to pray and not lose heart.
The parable is in Luke 18:1-8.
Tagged with: Prayer
Search this blog